Limitless Potential

Forums

Isochronic tones for brainwave entrainment
Last Post 27 Sep 2013 07:06 PM by The "Mad" Scientist. 2 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

--
30 Aug 2013 09:10 AM
    Brainwave entrainment is essentially a means of forcing the brain into a specific frequency state. The brain reacts in different ways, or has certain identifiable characteristics in certain brainwave states. For example, in alpha frequency you are in a highly creative "super-learning" state. The brain is more apt to synchronize hemispheres in this state. In theta, your brain is in a restful or meditative state. This state is also highly creative. In delta your brain is sleeping and repairing the body. In beta your brain is highly focused and attentive. With entrainment you can force your brain into the desired brainwave state, presumably to take advantage of those state-dependent characteristics.

One of the oldest ways of achieving this desired goal of entrainment was through binaural beats. They work by presenting each ear with a frequency slightly divergent from one another. The right ear, for example, hears a 300Hz tone, and the left a 312Hz tone. The left and right ears will cancel out each other's tones at 300Hz, leaving the brain to be impressed upon by 12Hz. This causes entrainment.

This is an effective method, but not ideal. It takes awhile for the brain to entrain, and it absolutely requires the use of headphones.

Isochronic tones have been presented as an improvement on the method. The tones do not require the use of headphones or any other special equipment, and research shows they work within six minutes (as opposed to twenty or more with binaural beats).

I have used isochronic tones for enhancement. Many use entrainment for meditation (extremely effective), however I do not meditate personally. I was unable to see the beneficial effects of entrainment on meditation for this reason. I decided to use beta entrainment to increase focus and concentration in a series of IQ tests to see if it offered cognitive advantages. I can attest that, coupled with the use of smart drugs, isochronic tones are extremely effective in the beta frequency. I increased my IQ by around 20 POINTS!

I have also used isochronic tones to attempt entrainment in the gamma frequency (extremely high frequency typically reached by experienced Bhuddist monks during meditation). I used this to enter an energetic meditative state before working out in the gym. It is amazing how well this works. It is better than drinking red bull or coffee (and healthier).

Has anyone else used binaural beats or isochronic tones?

--
    05 Sep 2013 03:42 AM
    Is there any scientific studies on this?

How many times a day did you listen to those sounds and for how many weeks or months?

Thank you in advance.

--
    27 Sep 2013 07:06 PM
    I experimented with tones for about 3 months pretty steadily. I would typically listen to them about 20 minutes per day 4 days a week at least.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.